Acquire is an abstract game that involves the play of tiles on a grid to create hotel
chains. Players buy stock in these hotel chains and may be paid dividends when one hotel
chain absorbs another. The aim is to have the highest value in cash and stocks when
the game ends. The game can only end when all hotel chains are safe (11 tiles or larger)
or any one chain exceeds 40 tiles in size, but will only end if a player declares the game
Acquire was designed by Sid Sackson and published by The Avalon Hill Game Company.
Acquire is © 1976/1995 The
Avalon Hill Game Company, and © 1999 Avalon Hill Games, Inc / Hasbro.
Playing via the Web
As with all games, rules are required. Please read the rules
of engagement that cover For Whom The Web Rocks
games. The following additional rules apply to these Acquire games.
- Acquire games require four to six players.
- Please use a subject of Acquire exxx when
sending orders (replace the 'xxx' with the game number, e.g. Acquire
- Acquire can be played as a standard game or the Special
Powers variant. When you join a game you can choose which
type of game to play.
- Private information is available from the game information
area. Players will be provided with usernames and passwords to access their
- When a tile causes one or more mergers, orders should include chain priority and
disposal of stock.
- When mergers occur, all players will be contacted for decisions on stock disposal. An
e-mail group of all players in the game will be used for this so that everyone is aware of
the merger, although only those players with stock to dispose of need respond. This e-mail
group will only be used for messages about the game.
- To speed up play, merger messages should be responded to without waiting to see how
others may have disposed of stock. Stock will still be disposed of in player order.
Conditional orders can be provided, based on disposal that occurs before yours.
- When mergers occur, orders for the remainder of the turn are not required until the
outcome of stock disposal is known, although players are welcome to provide such orders in
advance. These may also be conditional on previous actions in the turn.
- The game report will show the current values of the players, based on cash, stock held
and bonuses due. This can be calculated from the current position, and avoids anyone
having to work it out.
- Moves made for players by the referee will normally involve playing a tile at
random. No stock will be bought. The default action during mergers will be to sell
all stock held in the defunct chain.
| FWTWR Home | Games
on the Web | Waiting Lists | Join
a Game |
||© Keith Thomasson May 14th 2013